PDA

View Full Version : ? re: MA installation in dodge grand caravan

m448
04-06-2006, 10:47 PM
It's an '05 GC with bucket seats for the 2nd row. Since they're leather I'm having a bit of trouble getting what I think would be a proper installation with my son's MA forward facing. The leather doesn't give on the bottom of the seat so the seat remains in the same inclined angle as the bucket seat and then when I pop the seat back up the MA is I feel too reclined. Any issues with this?

Any advice? The seat is tight but I'm just afraid it's too reclined.

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06

Joolsplus2
04-07-2006, 08:22 AM
The MA really is naturally very reclined, no matter what you do...unless you have the vehicle seat as upright as possible, then there will be a biggish gap between the MA back and the vehicle seatback...which isn't really a problem, just looks weird. As long as the base is on the vehicle seat cushion pretty much flat, and the seat is tight, then that's kind of 'just how it is'. Although, if you are installing it with LATCH, then give it a shot with the seatbelt instead..I always thought my MA looked kinda weird with LATCH and liked it better with the seatbelt...it seemed to just fit better to the captain's chair that way. Oh, and if the vehicle headrest removes, you should take it out...then you can have the vehicle seat more upright but probably without so much of the back-gap. (Sorry, I kept coming up with new ideas! Try them all till your happy :) )
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

m448
04-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks, it's good to know that even if I try what you've mentioned the recline is not an issue. I'll definitely be trying out these tips though.

thanks again!

Marielle

Ian - born 10/03
&
Ryan - born 01/06