PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon in 2002 Honda Civic

Nancyewhite
04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
We recently got the Marathon for my 5 month old who is outgrowing his Snugride. Our car has LATCH on the outer seats of the backseat and not in the middle. So, which is better, outer w/ LATCH or center without?

Thanks for any advice you have.

kellyotn
04-07-2006, 03:30 PM
LATCH is just supposed to make things easier. Its not inherently safer or better than a seat belt.

With only one child, I'd put him in the center, because you can. :) Does the center have a lap belt or a shoulder/lap belt? If its lap, its super easy. I've used it in an older Accord.

The only problem might be if there's a "hump" in the center and you can't get a good install, or if you just don't have good luck with a shoulder/lap setup.

There is a bit of a learning curve to install a RF MA with shoulder/lap belts, but I'm sure you can get any and all questions answered here! :)

GGTK
04-08-2006, 11:17 AM
We have a 2003 Honda Civic and we use a Britax Decathalon in the center rear seat with a shoulder and lap belt. Even have teathered to the rear window area (where the speakers are) with the Honda factory installed baby seat latch(not to be confused with the LATCH system) points.

LATCH is good for fast ins and outs and safe in most situations, but what I hear from Consumer Reports and seat inspectors is that nothing beats using the cars own shoulder and lap belts, especially in the center of the seat.