PDA

View Full Version : Boulevard problem

DeeEast
04-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the crotch strap on the Boulevard? We just got it out today and tried it on DD and it seems tight and she's only 2.5 yrs old. I measured my Wizard and the distance between where the crotch strap comes out and the back of the seat is 6.5 inches as opposed to 5.5 inches in the Boulevard. Would someone do me a favor and measure their new Marathon? Now I don't know if I should send the Boulevard back and get Decathalons or Marathons.

DeeEast
04-15-2006, 10:57 PM
bump. Anybody with Boulevards here? I know there are some ladies here with BV's and I'm wondering if you have noticed any tightness in the crotch strap.

MMEand1
04-16-2006, 12:12 AM
I have both a WZ and a BV and have not had any problems with either crotch strap. My 3.5yo DS is in the WZ and my 1yo DD is in the BV, so maybe when my DD gets a little bigger we will have to re-evaluate the situation. I will put my 3yo DS in the BV tomorrow and see how he fits and let you know...
Mariah P.

DeeEast
04-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Thank you. I wonder if it is the individual seats. I saw some complaints on this issue on Amazon reviews. Its definitely tight on my 2.5 year old and the measurement of the strap is shorter than either our Wizard or our Marathon.

tjham
04-17-2006, 11:33 AM
I've heard that sometimes it is related to diapers and once they are out of diapers, it's not so bad. Is your child in cloth diapers? I do wish they made the straps a bit longer, but I am spoiled by the old Fisher Price Safe Embrace!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-17-2006, 04:32 PM
is this with or without the body insert?

DeeEast
04-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Its without the body insert and without cloth diapers. We measured the distance between the back of the seat and the crotch strap in both the BV and the Wizard and its about a full inch shorter in the BV.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-17-2006, 10:19 PM
that's interesting... I was just wondering... thought maybe it would make a difference.

I've heard of people seeing similar results comparing the bv to the MA... so I am sure you are correct... I just don't understand why they did it.

kat

essnce629
04-18-2006, 01:25 AM
I have a Boulevard too (just got it last week :)) and I did notice that the area from the crotch buckle to the back of the seat is shorter than my Roundabout which the BV is replacing. But I already knew this from reading these boards so it didn't surprise me. I myself wish it was a little further out like my RA, but it doesn't seem to bother my son at all (who's also 2 1/2 and out of diapers) so I'm not going to worry about it. I really love my BV and got it for the side impact protection since my car doesn't have side curtain airbags. I like it so much that I'm thinking of getting a second for my boyfriend's car as well to replace his RA. I got it in the classic pattern from Albee Baby's ebay store for $237 shipped. It was just manufactured March 28th, 2006 so it was an awesome deal and it will still have some life in it when we have our next kid.

***Latia
Birth and Postpartum Doula
http://www.socaldoula.com

Conner 8/19/03 (homebirthed water baby)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Self-weaned at 24 months!

DeeEast
04-18-2006, 08:31 AM
>that's interesting... I was just wondering... thought maybe
>it would make a difference.
>
>I've heard of people seeing similar results comparing the bv
>to the MA... so I am sure you are correct... I just don't
>understand why they did it.
>
>kat

Yeah, that's what DH and I keep saying. Why would they do this???? Unless it is to shorten the life span of the seat and make us buy another seat sooner.