PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Kids Radian car seat

jiskafo
04-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Received the carseat on Friday and I am very happy with it. DH has 2000 Ford F150 Extended cab and I needed someting to fit on the back seat as DS was able to reach the dashboard and turn on the radio with his feet. He had been in a Touriva thusfar and it would not fit in the back. I tried the Platinum GarGo and it would not fit either. I had no problems getting a tight fit with the seatbelt in the center or on the sides. I am thrilled I will be able to keep him harnassed until 65 lbs!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-10-2006, 12:39 PM
remember, most seats are outgrown by height, not by weight.

That said... I'm so glad that this seat fit well in your vehicle... it's rare to find a good ff installation with seatbelt for this carseat.... so good to hear what cars/trucks/etc work with it.

could you possibly post pics of the install?

jiskafo
04-10-2006, 01:47 PM
I will take pictures as soon as DH returns with the car. I know my critter will hit the 46" mark way before the 65lbs. It should last him long enough to make it to seatbelt age

Scatterbunny
04-10-2006, 01:54 PM
I can't wait to see your pics. :) We would love a Radian eventually, but the install issues are scary.

Oh, and just so you know, you don't need to go by the 46" height limit (or whatever the Radian's height limit is)--what matters is that your child's shoulders stay below the top slots and the tips of the ears stay below the top of the seat shell. If those criteria are met and the child is still below the weight limit, s/he can still use the seat. :) The Radian's top slots allow more growing room than the Marathon, so I'd guess most proportionate kids will get to at least 55-60 pounds in the Radian.

Joolsplus2
04-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Awesome, glad it fits. One page says 46 inches, one says 49! Either way, my tallish 6.5 yo will still fit in it for at least another 6-12 months, and I bet you'll get a similar use out of yours (just go till the shoulders are at the top slots, disregard actual standing height...I only measure my kids so I know what they are in centimeters to bid on Hanna Andersson clothing off ebay, rofl!).

I met the Radian inventor at Lifesavers the other day, he was very proud of that seat, and said it passes the head excursion limits with flying colors, even with the new 10yo 80 pound dummy and no top tether (though I would of course use it!)...I was super impressed with that.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx