PDA

View Full Version : toddler complaint so sore back in car seat--is there a memory foam liner out there or other suggestions??

mtnbaby
04-11-2006, 12:19 PM
We have a Britax convertible seat--Roundabout--and my toddler complains constantly that her back hurts while riding in the car...I am looking for additional padding in the form of another liner, ideally in my mind a memory foam type (which may not exist!)...any suggestions out there?

Scatterbunny
04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Nope, adding anything to the seat voids the warranty, releases the company from any liability should your seat fail in a crash and makes your child a crash test dummy. :( Harsh, I know, but reality.

Is your dd forward-facing or rear-facing? I've heard some toddlers have back pains when turned forward because their legs dangle down and go numb, putting strain on the lower back. Going back to rear-facing would alleviate that problem, and be safer in general.

I'm sorry to not be of more help. Post back and maybe we can figure it out, or someone else will have a good idea.

MamaParis
04-11-2006, 02:13 PM
The roundabout is already pretty well padded - so I don't think your toddler discomfort has anything to do with a lack of padding.

I agree with the PP about if the child is FF ... having dangling legs can be really irritating to the back as well as the legs.
Which is one of the reasons why I think my 3 y/o MUCH prefers to be RF than FF - we have her FF in Dhs vehicle and she's always crying about her legs and back hurting after a short while. In my car she is still RF in the Marathon and she just crosses her legs and sits nice and comfy.

Also, maybe the seat is at an awkward recline? Maybe your child could benefit from being more reclined or less reclined ...

Just some thoughts ...

Good luck finding a solution! :)