PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph in Canada?

psophia17
04-12-2006, 11:29 PM
x-posted in Oh Canada

I saw it in the 2006 Cdn version of the BRU/TRU baby catalog - has it been approved for use in Canada?

Neatfreak
04-13-2006, 06:25 AM
I've heard this, too, but I haven't seen one IRL anywhere yet. Ah, it's on the TRU website: http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10052&langId=-1&productId=80029

It *does* look like it has low top shoulder slots ...

jujucb
04-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Yep, I've seen in IRL. I tried my kids out in it. The slots appear to be tall, but the seat back is short. I didn't have much fun playing with the memory harness either. But I'm sure there is a learning curve to it. Think I'll stick with my Britax seats though :P

o_mom
04-13-2006, 10:32 AM
The shoulder slots are not super low (like say a ComfortSport), HOWEVER, the room above the slots is very short. When I looked at it, I couldn't imagine a child getting their shoulders anywhere near the top slots without their head being too far above the seatback.

Scatterbunny
04-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Yep, the top slots are fairly decent, but the seat shell is incredibly short. I've heard of SO many babies getting too tall to rear-face in the Triumph long before they are 30 pounds (and I think that's a low RF weight limit, anyway--I don't like Graco or Evenflo convertibles simply because of that). Some long-torsoed babies get too tall to RF even before 20 pounds/12 months old. :(

psophia17
04-13-2006, 02:45 PM
DS is still in his Triumph, and he's both tall and big. He fits with no problems, and it's a million times easier to get him into it than into the combination booster we have for travel with the GPs.

DH, however, cannot figure out the memory harness, so we'll be upgrading to something soon, so I don't have to wrestle with DS when I'm heavily pg...