PDA

View Full Version : I can see his head :(

Splash
04-15-2006, 04:50 PM
He's growing up too fast!
I can see Charlie's head in his carseat. He's in a almost bolt upright BV and I am not that tall... he is that close to the top! At 8 months old!
This kid better do some serious slowing down in the growth department! Already I am praying for 2 years RF (long gone are my dreams about 4-5 years) and 4-5 years in this seat. Why does my kid have to be such a giant?

E

I tried to upload pictures, but it wouldn't let me. Oh poo.

kellyotn
04-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow, he is a big guy!! :) Here's hoping his legs kick in and his torso stays steady. ;)

How's he doing, by the way. I've been thinking about you guys!

Splash
04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
He is AMAZING. His skin is looking almost perfect. His ankles are always open, but that's it. We're down to 2 oral and 2 topical drugs a day and still bathing him in the bleach and olive oil, but he looks... just great. He looks great.
Here, I'll prove it!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-15-2006, 09:41 PM
OMG... he's absolutely precious... I could eat him up.

bleach??... I hope you're kidding... lol.

He's a big boy, definitely.

Splash
04-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Nope. I'm not kidding. I wish I were!
Charlie gets bathed twice daily with olive oil and diluted bleach. We also bleach all hard surfaces daily, slather him in vaseline, triamcinolone, and elocon, wash and dry all cloths and bedding daily and freeze them to kill anything resistant.
Charlie has been a sick little guy and spent lots of time in hospitals and seen who knows how many doctors. He can't hold his skin very well. He's been diagnosed and undiagnosed with everything under the sun and no one has a definitive answer for us. But, what we're doing now is working! email me at [email protected] for the whole long story :)

JBaxter
04-15-2006, 10:33 PM
He is looking AMAZING. I love all the chub!!! After seeing his earlier pictures are you sure thats the same little man ( ok just kidding) Wow is about all I can say. Keep up what ever your doing he is looking SOOOO good.

I have 3 boys and all have been big. They do slow a bit about 2 or 3yrs old. Nathan is sporting a size 4T for the summer and wearing 9.5wide shoes at 2 1/2. he is about 34lbs and 38 tall so you may get close 2.5yrs rfing!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-16-2006, 09:37 AM
poor guy... he must have immune system problems... at least he looks very happy and very healthy.

when you say "wash in bleach"... the image it evokes is obviously quite far from what reality is... you get the michael jackson image going.

I'll keep you guys in my prayers in the hope that they find a diagnosis and treatment.

Kat

kellyotn
04-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Oh my gosh! He looks wonderful! Such a relief I'm sure. He is a big happy guy. ;)

My nephew was a chubby-bubby (off the charts) until 9 months, then he dropped to 50%-tile as he got moving I guess. Ya just never know!

kep
04-17-2006, 03:27 PM
E,

At least when they grow into the toddler/pre-school stage, most of the growth takes place in the legs, and not so much in the torso... Well, I guess if he outgrows the MA down the road, you can always look into the Regent, right? :)

He is adorable, by the way!

Kelli
Proud Mommy to Lukey (4.2003)

http://lilypie.com/pic/060417/csSG.jpg http://b4.lilypie.com/G0VTm4.png