PDA

View Full Version : Snack/Juice holder to attach to Britax Marathon

bee
04-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I need a juice/snack holder to attach to my son's carseat. It's a Britax Marathon and their sides seem to be wide. Does anyone know of a "holder" that will attach and serve the purpose? I'm tired of my little one throwing the juice in the floor and me trying to reach for it when I'm driving. I think he'll at least attempt to get it in the holder.

tjham
04-18-2006, 08:13 PM
I have 4 of these and love them. They are soft and flexible. I just attached one to my new MA. The clips clipped right on the rolled side edge of the cover, a little slanted, but fine!

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/86218/308781/117.html

And they're on sale.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-19-2006, 12:44 AM
okay... while I don't think they would hurt, Britax is VERY strict on NO aftermarket products, which this IS.

So I would say no.

Are you installing with Latch? if not, I'd use some linkadoos or Sassy links... and attach them to the neck of the bottle or to the handle of the cup.

mom2acrew
04-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I would be comfortable using this personally. These were actually given out at one Lifesavers conference. Britax is opposed to aftermarket items but these in no way interfere with the performance of the seat. Unless you consider the heavy sippy cup as a dangerous projectile.

kellyotn
04-19-2006, 05:03 PM
I use two on my DD's seat. Should have ordered four, because now DS needs some and DD doesn't want to share. ;)

Joolsplus2
04-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I used the siderider, it worked fine on our Marathon. I also hear this thing http://www.letsgostrolling.com/catalog.php?item=89&catid=50&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D50 attaches to the velcro on the side of the Marathon cover. (I don't see how sippy cups or light toys are major projectile hazards, but they could fly out of a cupholder or be thrown down and go under the front driving pedals in a hard stop and THAT could be a danger in itself... just always best not to have loads of junk floating around the car in general ;) )
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tjham
04-20-2006, 06:29 PM
I just got this email from One Step Ahead. So not only are they on sale, there's a discount til 5-31st!

>>>To receive your 15% discount, simply enter VALUESUM in the "promotion code" field during checkout. It's our thanks to you!

Your discount can be applied to purchases completed from either www.onestepahead.com or www.leapsandbounds.com. This offer is valid one time per customer. This offer may not be combined with any other offer and is not applicable toward the purchase of gift certificates. The discount cannot be applied to tax or shipping charges. No adjustments will be made to prior orders. The offer does not apply to phone, mail, emailed or faxed orders. We reserve the right to change or discontinue this offer at any time. This offer is expires on May 31, 2006.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Totally agreeing with this... I will give a child a cup... but when they are done drinking... I want it back.

otherwise, you know what a minivan with three small children in it could turn into?

remember that seen in the Labyrinth with the dump and that trash lady? picture that.