PDA

View Full Version : how does the radian carseat by sunshine kids compare to the FP safe voyage?

Oregonmother
04-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Do you need high seatbacks witht the Radian. Is it as good of a carseat? The prices are comparable, and the radian goes to 65# instead of 55# with the safe voyage. I am a big fan of Britax, and have never used or seen IRL a sunshine kids carseat.

kellyotn
04-19-2006, 12:11 PM
I've never seen a Radian either, but was looking into one. Apparently, they are pretty well liked IF (and its a big if) you can get it installed well in your car. It has some serious front facing w/ seatbelt issues. With LATCH, its fine, but most cars only let you use LATCH until the child is 48 lbs. So, after that you must use the seat belt. There's something about the design or the width that just makes a tight install impossible in a lot of popular cars. Or, it will install well only to loosen over the next couple days.

It has a bit higher slots than an MA, and its very narrow. I also like the "look" of it. I'd think an older kid would think it less baby-ish than some other seats. It does fold, but is pretty heavy, so I'm not sure how great it'd be for travel.

Its been pretty heavily discussed. Maybe you can find info w/ your particular vehicle by doing a search?

You don't need high-seat backs like with the Apex or the Safeguard GO.