PDA

View Full Version : Tether Anchor Part Number Needed for Chevy Lumina

jenny76
04-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Does anyone (Jools??) know the part number for a top tether anchor for a 97 Chevy Lumina? I went to the dealer today to see about getting one retrofitted, and he called me back and said that I'd have to contact the car seat manufacturer because GM doesn't make tethers. Well, duh! I didn't ask for a tether strap, I asked for an ANCHOR!

Anyway, they are all clueless. I will be forever grateful if you are able to locate a part number for me. Also, isn't there a service bulletin that says I can get one ordered and installed for free?

Thanks, in advance!

KAK22
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Oh - I so hope someone knows the answer for this. I asked our local car seat tech and she had me contact Graco. I did and they sent me the tether strap. I repeated over and over that I wanted the tether ANCHOR that you install in the car!!! I need one for a 94 Saturn Coupe!

Joolsplus2
04-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Ugh...the best I can give a GM owner is their "Technical Service Bulletin 99-09-40-004" which allows you a free anchor installed, but they don't list the part numbers... I'm so sorry! But at least tell them this TSB number, and it's got SOME information about how to look for their own part numbers.
GOOD LUCK!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx