PDA

View Full Version : What is comparable to Britax?

hudsonam
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
If I can't convince my husband that we need to get a Marathon, Decathlon or Boulevard to replace our expiring Roundabout, what is a good solution for a RF 16 month old, that has as high a weight limit both RF and FF as the three Britaxes I mentioned? If such a thing even exists. Or, if I get something else, will I just regret not spending the money on a Britax, like I do with my Evenflo Triumph (annoying straps)?

jeanum
04-21-2006, 09:48 AM
You could consider getting a $180 Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe convertible. It's made by Britax and is a stripped version of the Marathon. It has the same height harness slots as the Marathon, can RF up to 33 lbs. but FF only up to 55 lbs. It probably would last as long as a Marathon since both seats are likely to be outgrown FF by height before most kids reach the FF weight limits. The Safe Voyage Deluxe lacks some of the nicer Britax features like seatbelt lockoffs, the LATCH clips are the more basic metal type used on Evenflo/Graco/Cosco seats, there isn't as much padding, and it cannot be tethered rear facing. There also is a Safe Voyage convertible that's a knockoff of the Roundabout, while the Safe Voyage Deluxe is the Marathon knockoff. It would be a savings over a Britax seat but not as user friendly, so there's a tradeoff of sorts.