PDA

View Full Version : 2 carseats in 01 Honda CRV

KAK22
04-22-2006, 05:27 PM
I have a 14mo DD RF in center seat in a Marathon. My friend has a 1mo DD in a Snugride with base. I have an extra base and we'd like to install it in our car (outboard) so that my friend and I don't have to take 2 cars. It's a tight fit, but we don't want to put DD outboard because this is our primary vehicle. Friend's DD will only be in car occasionally! Is it safe to have them really tight next to each other?

Thanks!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-22-2006, 07:05 PM
oh definitely... as long as it isn't interfering with the installation and you can get the snugride in and out of the base, it's fine.

Kat

westgre
04-23-2006, 09:19 PM
How in the world did you get the Snugride base installed with the Marathon in the center? I have a 5 week old and attempted to install the base with DD's Marathon FF in the center of my '01 CRV and couldn't get it to work. Any hints? I'd love to leave DD in the center position if I can.
Thanks,

KAK22
04-23-2006, 09:29 PM
The base fit - my friend has the Snugride. I haven't tried it with the carseat in the base yet. I can't honestly remember if it fit inside the base or if it overlapped on the outside. It seems so long ago that DD was in the Snugride (only 8 mos, but feels longer!) It was tight - that was why I was worried.

Joolsplus2
04-24-2006, 05:19 PM
The seat might fit baseless, and only takes a minute to install properly, if it turns out it won't work with the base :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx