PDA

View Full Version : Marathon and airplanes...

strikeeaglebaby
04-22-2006, 09:10 PM
We currently have a Britax Marathon and a Graco ComfortSport. We bought the Graco mainly to use for airplanes because we were told that the MA can be too large for many seats. My question is, is the MA really too large for a airplane seat (mostly regional jets). I've always taken the Graco when we travel, but I am totally frustrated with trying to install this thing! I am debating buying another MA and throwing away the Graco.

Please help!

Amy

May_Flowers
04-22-2006, 10:36 PM
I've taken a Marathon on a plane and it fit fine.

Zansu
04-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Marathon fits just fine on a Canadaair rejional jet (used by many airlines in the US, not just in Canada).

The Marathon is a great seat for the RJs b/c the base is so small.

strikeeaglebaby
04-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Thanks everyone! Trash day is Tuesday and I have a feeling the Graco will be sitting out by the curb!

stillplayswithbarbies
04-23-2006, 08:55 PM
you can search for my old thread with pics of a Marathon on a regional jet.

I've always flown with the Marathon and have never been on a plane that it does not fit. The airlines will tell you it does not fit but that is because they don't know that the width of the Marathon as published is not measured at the base, which is the part that sits on the seat. All they are doing is looking up numbers, they certainly are not looking at their planes full of Marathons.