PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to replace our Roundabout with

hudsonam
04-23-2006, 11:02 AM
ETA: Our seat was manufactured in Sept. 2001, so I guess my husband doesn't have to worry about me spending more money until next year. ;)

We're only replacing the Roundabout because it's expiring, so no weight or height issue. I currently have a Triumph in my car, which DS is in the most. The hand-me-down Roundabout is in my husband's car. We will likely be turning my car seat back to RF, but will probably keep the one in my husband's car FF because it's a cramped two-door.

We can either get a convertible to booster seat style and put it in my husband's car since it'll be FF, and that way it'll last us a long time, or get a new Britax, or the new Fisher Price Deluxe knock-off, put it in my car (since I can't stand the Triumph) and have it RF and put my Triumph in my husband's car. He is rarely in his car.

I don't know if I want the Fisher Price Deluxe, a Marathon, a Decathlon or a Boulevard, or if I get the FF style, do I want the Graco Cargo or something else.

FYI, if my husband remember's correctly from DS's last ped appt, he is 23-ish lbs. He was pushing 25 the last time, but I guess he's thinning out as he gets older. He's 16 months. I have to check his height. I know he was in the 50th percentile for height and weight the last time I went to the dr with him.

What would you do? There are lots of options and I'm not sure what would be the best solution.

ETA: I just read a referral for the Recaro Young Sport. How does this compare?

TIA!

niccig
04-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Do you have any younger children or are you planning of having more children? If yes, then you may want to get another convertible that will rear-face. Baby can then use this seat at some point. How long do you want to keep your DS harnessed? Some parents opt for the bigger seats as they want to keep the child harnessed longer, rather than use a booster at an earlier age.

If you hate the truimph, then put that in your husband's car, and decide on what seat will work best in your car. If you want DS to rearface in your car, you need to look at a convertible. What car do you have? The techs can recommend what will work for you.

ETA. You still have a little time in the roundabout. How about swapping the seats now. Put the triumph that you hate in DH's car ff, and use the roundabout, such a dream to rf, in your car. When the expiry date of the RA is closer, or if you DS starts to outgrow the triumph (low slots so kiddos get too tall at a young age), you can check out what new seats are available. Also by then, your situation may have changed (cars, another child, no longer rf) so you can get the best seat for then. You could also start to save for the next carseat, so when it's time to buy DH doesn't baulk at the cost.

HTH