PDA

View Full Version : Safety 1st Prospect

Splash
04-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Anyone seen it?
I am sure it has it's EB and cosco equivalent, but the Safety 1st one was the one I played with today.
It's a new combination seat. And it is REALLY nice.
The top slots are definitely higher than the evenflo chase etc, and I think they are a smidge higher than the cargo.
It has a free sliding belt path. AND it specifically says that the booster cannot be used until 40 pounds. And most kids would make it. But I like that it didn't give parents the option to use it from 30 as a booster.
It has DEEP EPS lined head wings (deeper than the turbo booster, about as deep as the PW) and they are wide set, so they don't obstruct vision.
The seat is pretty well padded (better than the cargo), has three harness heights and 2 or 3 (I don't remember) crotch strap settings.
It also can become a backless booster, something the other seat can't claim!
There are nice armrests that can be up or down, and are easy to move. There are also cupholders on both sides.
It has a flat bottom (instead of the spikes the other cosco boosters have) and is about the same width as the evenflo combo seats.
When used as a booster, it would be very nice. WAY better than Graco or evenflo. I would not hesitate to use this as a primary booster, something I can't say about the cargo or the chase etc.
I know I have seen the EB one in Target, but never fooled with it because Jean doesn't let me if I am with her. But today it was just the boy and I, so I got to really play with it.
I would definitely recommed it over the cargo and any of the evenflos for a combination seat. The one I looked at was $80, so it's cheaper than the other ones as well. That was with it being nicely padded.
Thumbs up to this seat!

super_grape
04-24-2006, 02:40 PM
I saw that too when I was down in Florida
last month (Target in Clermont).
I was also pretty impressed...looked nice and also
comfy to me - I would have put my 2 year old in it had she
been in a better mood :p .
Probably a good thing I didn't tho...might have been tempted to buy
one!
I wish Cosco would add EPS to more of their seats!
Maybe now they will....

Holly, mom to Katie - 2.5 years
and Allie (Alexa) - 12 weeks

Joolsplus2
04-24-2006, 02:46 PM
One huge issue is that it's just like the Apex...You MUST have a vehicle seatback or headrest behind the head... so it's a bad choice if you have low seatbacks. Also, I know a tech who's already bought and returned it, the headrest is just TOO big for her kid to get comfy in.
Still, I agree it's a major step up from their other seats :) (as long as you have the width in your vehicle to accomodate those husky cupholders, lol).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

super_grape
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM
LOL about the cupholders...the
way they stuck out on the side reminded
me of the old fashioned "breeches" that
horse back riders used to wear :) .

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-24-2006, 10:30 PM
and the headrest is so padded, I know people posted on the bbc board about it pushing the child's head too far forward.

the top slots are the same height as those of the Cargo Boosters.

Squirtsmum
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I also bought the seat and could not install it in either our car or van. The armrests stick out a little in the back of the seat and prevent it from being flat against the back of the seat and I could not get the seat tightly installed at all. Karen