PDA

View Full Version : Backless Booster Info?

pikle
04-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Hi all! I was hoping to get some information from you all on the backless boosters. My mom is considering buying one for our 4 year old to use when we go visiting (it wouldn't be something that was used a lot). She figured it would be easiest for her to store at her house. My toddler is about 39 pounds and almost 43" tall. I have always had her in a 5 point harness and was concerned about using the "adult seatbelt" on her. I would love thoughts and opinions on it :-)

Thanks!
Nicole

Joolsplus2
04-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Backless boosters offer no side impact protection or sleep support, so she might want to look for a booster that is highback but converts to no-back when he's a lot older... Graco Turbos are good, and the Evenflo Big Kid or Everest, and even the folding Compass B500 isn't too bad. (For what it's worth...I have a backless and a highback at our grandma's house for my kids, and we tend to drive more when we are there and they were SO uncomfortable in the backless trying to sleep...that's why we got the Turbo there so they could nap more comfortably...even before I knew that highbacks were 70% safer in side impacts than backless boosters).

:)

Oh, highbacks all start at 30 pounds and 38 inches or so, so he's good on that front (nobacks usually start at 30/33/40 pounds, depending on the brand).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx