PDA

View Full Version : Marathan vs. Decathlon

jennifercp8
04-26-2006, 10:37 PM
I am wondering what is the real differences between the Decathlon and Marathon? They both seem to have the same height and weight standards, but what is that different between them, and is it worth it to spend the extra money on the Decathlon (or the Boulevard, for that matter)?

Thanks for your responses!!

AddiesMom
04-27-2006, 05:27 AM
Just an FYI... The Britax website shows on the Decathalon 'product features' page that it has TSIP (True Side Impact Protection), and it does not have this! I called them almost a month ago and my husband wrote them a letter about the mistake, and I checked this morning and it is still wrong.

The Decathalon has the extra pillows and adjustable crotch strap over the Marathon. My DD is almost 6 months old and we just put her in the Marathon, she does fine with out the extra pillows. If I had DD in this when she was a newborn, then it would have come in handy!

The Boulevard does not have the adjustable crotch strap, but has the True Side Impact Protection.

The Marathon comes in the most patterns and also has a "couture" line of covers.

All have the same height/weight standards.

I went to Babies R Us to look at differences of all 3, then I went to a smaller retailer to buy it when I made my decision.

DeeEast
04-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Another difference between the Boulevard and the Marathon/Decathalon is that the crotch strap is shorter. It is about an inch closer to the back than the Marathon and it is in about the middle position for the Decathalon. It might make a difference as to how long a child fits in the seat.