PDA

View Full Version : Sugggestions for Toddler seat

newmom03
04-27-2006, 03:24 PM
My DD, who will be 3 in August, is currently in a Roundabout, but I'd like to use it for my 5 mo. old DS. I want to keep her in a 5-point harness for as long as possible. She's currently 36" tall and 30 Lbs. What would your suggestions be for the longest-lasting and safest seat on the market?

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
04-27-2006, 04:05 PM
I'd put her in the britax Boulevard or Marathon.

it will have the tallest top slots, cushy like your Roundabout, and last her till age 5-7 or longer.

kat

newmom03
04-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Are the overall dimensions on the Boulevard and Marathon the same or is one larger? On the Boulevard, is that an insert that rests behind the head or does that piece always stay there?

jeanum
04-27-2006, 06:09 PM
The Marathon and Boulevard have the same seat shell and are the same size overall. The Boulevard has the additional EPS foam headwings that offer side impact protection and this is an integral part of the Boulevard that can't be removed, although the headwings do raise or lower using knobs that adjust the shoulder harness height. The Boulevard also has a padded infant insert for the torso area intended to improve the seat's fit for smaller babies. The Marathon doesn't have the headwings and doesn't have harness height adjuster knobs - you have to rethread the shoulder harness through different slots to change the shoulder harness height in the Marathon.

newmom03
04-29-2006, 02:03 PM
What about the Decathalon?

jeanum
04-29-2006, 02:24 PM
The Decathlon is also very similar to the Marathon/Boulevard except it has a harness adjuster button similar to the Roundabout instead of a harness adjuster lever like the Marathon and Boulevard. Some parents have complained about the adjuster button sticking on the Decathlon but others have said it improves over time. The Decathlon also has a padded infant insert and removable padded headrest, and 3 different slots for the crotch strap, making it easier to fit a smaller baby. The top harness slots on the Decathlon's seat shell are a smidgen taller, too. The shoulder harness has to be rethreaded like the Marathon (no harness adjuster knobs like the Boulevard). The Decathlon's seatbelt lockoffs are somewhat different and some parents have reported that the FF lockoffs have frayed their vehicle seatbelts. The Britax website incorrectly says the Decathlon has the TSIP ("True Side Impact Protection") when it's just the Boulevard that has TSIP (the EPS foam headwings).

newmom03
04-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Just the information I was looking for! I like the Boulevard, but I'm not sure my DD will tolerate the head wings. The harness adjuster knob is a nice feature, but not one I'd use very often. Now it's off to the baby superstore to try them out! Thank you so much!

ppshah
04-30-2006, 02:09 PM
You may want to also consider the Regent. The Boulevard would let you keep her rear-facing for another 6 months. If you get the Regent you would have to turn her FF now but she would be harnessed longer.