PDA

View Full Version : My DD is outgrowing her Marathon height-wise, would she still fit in

JamiMac
04-28-2006, 07:50 PM
a Recaro Young Sport harnessed?
Thanks!

Joolsplus2
04-29-2006, 06:09 AM
That's a definite 'maybe'... How heavy is she? If she's pushing 40 pounds, then a couple months of harnessing then moving it to a booster wouldn't be such a bad plan, but if she's even more of a stringbean (ie, like under 35 pounds right now) than my dd (who hit 40 pounds when she was almost 6 and too tall for the Marathon), then you might want something with higher slots, like the Safeguard seat or Regent. (hmmm...is that confusing? Tell us how tall and heavy your dd is and how old...we'll find her the right seat ;) )

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

PS, Jami? Is there only one of you? I'm LOVING my grape MB!

JamiMac
04-29-2006, 03:06 PM
She's about 43 pounds. She is thin but filled out, if that makes sense? She looks about 5.5-6 years old, but she's 4.5. I'm also torn on getting a Regent or Parkway for her.

Yes, it's me, Julie! I still have your harness clip and manual for the MBUS. My house is for sale and everything has been crazy, but I have it in a box in the garage. Just saw it yesterday! I need your address again. You can email me with it!

Thanks!

kellyotn
04-29-2006, 05:51 PM
She couldn't harness at all in the Young Sport then, its harness max is 40 lbs. If you want to keep her harnessed a Regent would be great!

Joolsplus2
04-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Yeah, the Young Sport only goes to 40 ...the Regent or Safeguard are pretty much the only ones taller with higher weight limits :(.

I'll email you with my addy :)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

mom2kate
05-05-2006, 04:57 PM
I am in a similar situation. I need to get a new seat for my 3 yo DD who is about 40" right now and a mere 30 pounds. I will be moving my 6 month old out of her infant seat soon. My older DD is within a few inches of being out of the Marathon, so I don't really want to buy another one.

The Regent is huge, so I'd love to find out other thoughts.

Many thanks!