PDA

View Full Version : Car Seat Advice

gaviandchaya
04-30-2006, 01:26 PM
I am expecting my first child (G-d willing) in July and I am looking into car seats. I have read the Baby Bargain book cover to cover and am very overwhelmed. Does anyone have any advice about the new Graco Safe Seat? I am also looking for a car seat that will fit into a Snap-and-Go frame as my husband and I are planning on traveling 2 months after the baby is born.
Thanks for you help
G&C

Joolsplus2
04-30-2006, 05:35 PM
From what I keep reading, the Safe Seat is really nice...particularly how well it installs. It might be most compatible with a Snugrider (I know that takes the snugride, and from what I understand the safeseat fits in anything the snugride does). I've seen it install, and it's great... and it's easy to use without the base too (I LOVE my Chicco Key Fit, but they put a big stiff cover right over the belt clips on the side and it's much more of a pain to install without the base than the Gracos are).
But do read down through a few pages of posts, I'm sure there's lots of various comments on lots of seats, too (just in case an actual safe seat owner doesn't chime in right away!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Splash
04-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I LOVE IT!!
It is SO easy to install with LATCH and the belt and without the base. Easy to use and very comfy.
My son is 9 months and 24 pounds. He will easily get 4 more months and possibly more out of this seat.
Prior to this, we had a BT latch loc and this is no more difficult to carry than that was. Yes, it's heavy when you add a 24 pound baby to it. But we don't use it as a carrier very often anyway.
I've never used a car seat in a stroller, but I did check it with my zooper (fit fine) and my sister's graco stroller. No problems.
This seat is a winner and I would definitely buy it over a snug ride.

OH, and his last baby basket was a rigid LATCH, meaning it had actual steel bars instead of straps that connected to the car. This is just as easy to install as that was and, honestly, just as tightly installed. WAY easier to install with a seatbelt than a Britax seat, about the same ease of installation wtih LATCH.