PDA

View Full Version : Graco Platinum CarGo...having trouble adjusting straps...

millerpjm
05-01-2006, 06:02 AM
Does anyone else have this seat and have problems? It has a front harness adjuster, but it is very difficult to tighten the straps after they have been loosened. Is there a trick I don't know about? Any advice would be great. DS is about to outgrow his Roundabout height-wise, and this is our next seat(still wishing we could afford a Regent, but we need 3 seats)....TIA!

Jen

Joolsplus2
05-01-2006, 07:06 AM
I think the belts get kind of squished between the seat and the vehicle seat, and then when there's weight in the seat, it's even worse and the belts are near impossible to tighten. Sometimes raising the harness up to the next slots cures it, sometimes a different seating position, or sometimes just not loosening them at all to get the kiddo out is the solution. Of course, also check to make sure everything runs smoothly when it's uninstalled....make sure nothing's getting snagged on the back of the seat somehow or the seatbelt is tangled in the harness straps or something.

Good luck (and I wonder if this should be something included in the compatibility database... what good is a tight seat if it doesn't work properly, I wonder...?)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

skipperlou
05-01-2006, 12:16 PM
I also have the same problem at times and have found that pushing the release button as I pull the harness adjuster helps. Sometimes I just don't loosen it at all if it's been a pain!

HTH!
Lara