PDA

View Full Version : You've even influenced my mom...

jhrabosk
05-01-2006, 09:55 AM
I just have to tell you all the influence you've had on my mother, indirectly of course.

Since DD will be spending more time with her as she finishes up school next month, she went out and bought a convertible seat for her car. Well, she let my stepfather install it and he basically put it flat on its back. Apparently, it was very funny. :)

Thanks to everyone here, however, I'ver taught her about having the car seat inspected. The next day, in a panic, she called the Jeep dealer who did her Snugride...nope, they were both out. She called the police station...no dice. They gave her the seatcheck.org site. She found a AAA...that tech just had knee surgery. But they told her that a local seat belt safety commission has car seat installs every week on Wednesday (which is what day this happened), so she went there.

She left the bad install...told them she figured they could use a laugh.

As far as I can tell, they did a beautiful job. Had pool noodles on-hand to use and everything! It's a teensy bit too upright for my personal taste, but DD seems comfortable, so I'm ok.

So, thanks for making my mom a seat safety convert!

Joolsplus2
05-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh neat :)

Glad she's doing what she can to keep that gorgeous baby safe.

I love your dd's name...I haven't known a girl Ryan since kindergarten, when she was known as Miss Ryan because there was also a boy Ryan in the class :D.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
05-02-2006, 04:01 AM
congrats to your mom!

I'm sure your dad tried his best... those carseats can confuse granparents.