PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph: Rearfacing Question...

Kungjo
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Just moved DD #2 (1 year old) into a RF Evenflo Triumph. Buckled her in and twisted the knob to tighten the harness and noticed that it was much harder to twist that knob RF than it is FF. The knob twisted to tighten the harness, BUT it seemed to required more strength and pressure to do so than it would if it was FF. Is it a problem with the seat? Or is that a common thing that happens just because the seat is installed RF? Don't remember how it was with DD #1. Doesn't look like I installed it wrong. Seat is in pretty tight. It's LATCHED and won't budge an inch in either direction.

Don't like how hard it is to turn the knob to tighten the harness. For those with a RF Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard, do you have a problem tightening the harness? Is it more difficult to do when the seat is RF? When I say difficult, I mean do you have to pull harder to tighten the harness.

If it's just a problem with the Triumph, I may just buy a new Britax instead of waiting for her to outgrow the Triumph before doing so. :-)

Thanks,

Joolsplus2
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I've heard this is a pretty common problem...the Britaxes ARE a little easier to tighten, if the comparison seat is impossible, lol. But I'm wondering... are you using the dial every time? Why not just tighten it once then use the memory harness for day to day use? (slide the metal buckle tongue up the belt to 'loosen' and pull it back down when you re buckle to 'tighten).
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx