PDA

View Full Version : Apex65 question/comment

JBaxter
05-01-2006, 11:08 AM
I have the Apex65 and up until today really liked the seat. Nathan takes off the padded armrest covers I repeatedly put them back on but he just takes them off again. ANYWAY today on the way to storytime he starts screaming and when I got to the parking lot I found tha he had his finger stuck in a square hole that is located in the top of the armrest. It was REALLY stuck. When I finally got it out it is bruised. How do I alert the company to this -- YES i know if the armrest covers had been on but he is 2.5 and hard to reason with for little things.

Joolsplus2
05-01-2006, 11:14 AM
OMG, that's horrible! www.djgusa.com is their website with contact info, and I'm not sure if it's www.nhtsa.dot.gov or www.jpma.org or both you can file a complaint with.

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

o_mom
05-01-2006, 12:06 PM
NHTSA is the one for car seats. Here is the online complaint form:

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

JBaxter
05-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Just got off the phone with customer service. I get a new seat! I will need to return the manufactures lable straps and fabric (10in square). They had a redesign issue that does NOT have holes on the armrest. Our seat was manufactured 10/06/05. Anyone having a Apex65 I would check and call the company.

kosmo
05-01-2006, 12:15 PM
sorry to hear what happened gladd to hear it was fixed too bad it most likely happened to others also

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
05-02-2006, 03:58 AM
I was just thinking I would assume any company marketing this seat would want to redesign... I just think it's sad that they didn't alert people of this... it should have been issued as a recall.

I doubt they're being honest about how many children are getting injured.

I know with any booster armrests I've ever seen there were never any holes and no way to injure yourself just by removing the covers, which children are inclined to do.