PDA

View Full Version : Quick question, which booster?

teddy
05-04-2006, 09:58 PM
My sister is looking to get a booster for her almost 4 year old. With a baby coming, she will have to fit 3 car seats across the back of her old Nissan Pathfinder. The likely carseats will be a Snugride, a FF Marathon, and the booster.

So which booster could possibly fit? A backless kind? Personally, I have not yet needed a booster so I don't know what's out there. Thanks for your help :)

Joolsplus2
05-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Buckling a booster in three across is a *nightmare* (really, it's a pain...I have to do it NOW with my three kids! lol...I wouldn't wish it on anyone) and 'almost 4 yo's' are much safer harnessed anyway, so let's find a nice narrow harnessed seat :)
The Graco Ultra/Platinum Cargo is very narrow and has tall top slots, but only harnesses to 40 pounds. The Sunshine Kids Radian is super narrow, tall top slots, and harnesses to 65 pounds. The Safeguard Go is fairly narrow, but requires a top tether (it's more like a booster with a vest than a full on car seat).
If she's not going to bend on this booster idea, then the Britax Parkway, or Starriser Comfy, or the new Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster are the narrowest choices.

Good luck!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

teddy
05-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I knew I could count on this board!
Thank you, Julie!! :) I'm off to view these seats online