PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy w/ Graco Platinum Cargo...broke down and bought...

millerpjm
05-05-2006, 12:26 PM
a Britax Regent for my 3 year old DS who will outgrow his RA the next time he has a growth spurt. All I can say is WOW! This is one heavy-duty seat! I got it last night and had DH install it. He installed it outboard with LATCH (we need to be able to have another passenger in the backseat) and it doesn't budge! When I looked at the back of the seat I couldn't believe how thick the plastic shell is (of course, that's why it's so heavy)! I won't leave a full "review" since I just got it, but I think it's going to be worth the heavy price tag. This seat fits outboard in my Ford Focus wagon. I was having problems with the adjuster on the Graco, and this is so much easier. The Cargo will be a good spare seat for Grandma's car, but I am so happy that DS will be harnessed longer, since at over 3 years he's not even 30 pounds yet! He looks so little in this seat - we're using the slots 2nd from the bottom!

Sorry if I'm rambling...just excited about the new seat! I know you guys will understand!

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

annex
05-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Yep, all the carseat techs on this board are so right when they recommend this seat! I got one last month for my 3 year-old DD who was outgrowing her Roundabout and it installed so solidly, it does make all the difference. I had initially bought a Radian, thinking I would want extra space in our backseat. But there was no way to get a good install with the seatbelt, so back it went. The Regent is so worth the extra money.

Anne

Joolsplus2
05-05-2006, 05:30 PM
I...I...I....I...<biting tongue>*

I'm so glad you love your seat!
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

*I told you so! (sorry, just couldn't resist...)

You'll love it, isn't it wonderful!!!!????

millerpjm
05-06-2006, 05:17 AM
Julie,

I am SO happy I bought the seat...DS is on the small side for his age and I think being harnessed at 4,5, 6 years of age will be all that much safer for him. The seat works SO nicely, and installed with latch it DOES NOT MOVE at all! I could not believe how sturdy the outer shell of this seat is...people really have to see it!

On a side note, I would like to say that I have read many of your posts, and you give such great advice. I really want to thank you for taking your time to help so many of us on the boards. I don't know what kind of seat DS would be in if I'd never read Baby Bargains and never found this board! Thanks all!!!!!

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03