PDA

View Full Version : WWYD? SafeGuard Go or Britax Regent?

ashkash
05-07-2006, 02:47 PM
DS#2 is about to be too tall for his Roundabout, which DD will be needing soon anyway. DS#2 is 27 months old & appx. 33 lbs & 37 in, with much of his height in his torso. We have a Husky for DS#1, and we've been very happy with it. I drive a 2005 Honda Odyssey, so with the middle & back rows, I can accommodate 3 seats in various ways.

As much as I like the Husky/Regent, I'm wondering if the new Go seat is a good alternative for us. I figure DS#2 can use it harnessed till 60 lbs, then we'll put him into the Husky we already have, and put DS#1 into the Go as a booster. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? Or should I just get a Regent for DS#2 and deal with boosters later on?

What would you do? Decisions, decisions! :)

Splash
05-07-2006, 03:25 PM
I'd go with the Regent. Your older son will be able to be in the Husky for a long time to come, and once he is out, your daughter will be needing it!
Backless boosters are cheap, and that's all the Go is as a booster anyway. You can get that for fifteen bucks on sale.

Joolsplus2
05-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Yeah, Regent or Safeguard seat, but not the Go, IMO...it's not the most comfortable for every day for a younger kid. We also love our Sunshine Kids Radian seat in our Odyssey, my 6.5 yo uses it with room to grow and says it's comfortable.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

ashkash
05-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the input! I hadn't really considered the Radian, but that might be a good choice for us too. Will check it out.