PDA

View Full Version : What about the Cosco Ventura DX for $40 at BJ's?

VenusElon
05-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I need to find some new seats and this caught my eye at BJ's today. Is it the same as the Cosco Scenera? It says it fits from 22-80 pounds and 34-52". FF with harness till 40 lbs and then a booster. Any opinions?

kellyotn
05-09-2006, 06:35 PM
I don't know anything about it, but its *not* the same as a Scenera. A Scenera is a convertible seat. A convertible seat rear faces and front faces. In the Scenera's case RF 5-35 lbs & FF 22-40 lbs. It does not become a booster after 40 lbs.

This is a combo seat. Harnessed FF to a certain limit (40 lbs), then a belt positioning booster. Generally, the Cosco combos have very low harness slots that don't even allow a kid to get to 40 lbs before getting too tall, but I do NOT know anything about this particular model. Just something to check into.

tjham
05-09-2006, 06:37 PM
http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-p31142883-k24-g4-~cosco+ventura+DX-nover?sourceid=3

The Scenera is a convertible seat (rear facing and forward facing). The Cosco Ventura is a combination seat (forward facing and booster).

I think its top harness slots are around 15" so it probably won't get your child to 40 lbs. before outgrowing it by height. It doesn't look like it would be a good booster (the guides are too narrow). But for $40 as a spare seat, it would probably be fine, as long as you know you will most likely have to buy other seats later.