PDA

View Full Version : Never mind, all done. Was; 2 carseats in regular pickup?

darby24
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Just decided to do it and the kids were thrilled with the "neshal ride" (special ride.)

We all survived and it's over with now. All that can be asked for. I'd still love to know the answer to my question if anyone can help.

Can I put 2 seats in a 2006 Toyota Tundra regular cab truck?

I can turn off the airbag and there is two tether spots available. I've read the manual over and over and am 98% sure that I can. I'm just not sure about the middle carseat and the steering wheel airbag.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to use the truck with the kids in 2 hours.

I would never put my nephews in danger, so PLEASE tell me if what I'm considering is not safe.

Thanks so much

kellyotn
05-10-2006, 08:08 AM
Were they FF? Its my understanding (not a tech though) that front facing seats are OK even if you can't turn the airbag off, but that you SHOULD if its possible. Push the seat back as far as possible. That you have a tether spot is great, too. Deciding who to put where, hmmm, I'd probably have put the largest child in the center, keeping the smallest farther away from the steering wheel airbag.

If you happened to have a RF situation, I would put it farthest away from the steering wheel. And, obviously turn off the airbag. The *truly* scary scenario is using a RF seat in front of a live airbag (and this should NEVER ever be done).

edited for clarity

darby24
05-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your help.

They were both FF, bench seat was back as far as possible (making sure I still could reach the pedals of course :-) ) and air bag was off.

Thanks again, hopefully I won't have to do this again.