PDA

View Full Version : Please help with Britax cover washing! From hotel room

Edensmum
05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi I am coming to you after a long day on the road that started with a lot of throwing up. Poor DD. Anyway our BLVD smells bad! Anyone have suggestions or intructions on washing this seat with only what you have in a hotel room?
TIA
Leia

skipspin
05-09-2006, 08:55 PM
I would try a lot of water. Use warm, not hot. Soak it a few times a rinse really well in between. If it still smells use the most mild soap you can find- maybe a tiny bit of shampoo? Then, hang it about the ac register and HOPEFULLY it will dry before the AM.

If they have a cloths dryer ther you could use it on airfluff if it needs to dry more.
HTH
Joy, mommy and CPS tech

catfeet
05-10-2006, 07:47 AM
The grocery nearest to the hotel or the hotel gift shop might stock small packages of laundry detergent. I'd go or send dh out to look for one of these. If not I'd call the front desk, explain the situation and ask if you can have a small amount of detergent from their in house supply. A couple of tablespoons ought to do it.

If none of those things work, I'd use the courtesy shampoo. It'll get the most smell out and what it doesn't get out, it'll cover with a nicer floral scent.

Then, do what the pp said, put it on the vent, turn the fan up all the way & let it dry.

HTH,
Ann

stillplayswithbarbies
05-10-2006, 12:35 PM
you've probably solved this by now, but many hotels have a coin operated washer and dryer somewhere in the building for guests to use.

Edensmum
05-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I did wash it thoroughly though the manula say s do not machine wash. I really thought I could. I am very disapointed as despite really scrubbing it it smells bad!
Eden 9/04

daniele_ut
05-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I have washed the covers from both my Marathon and Roundabout on the gentle cycle several times with no problems at all. Sometimes just handwashing isn't enough when vomit is involved. Is there a washer in the hotel (I may be wrong in assuming you are still there)? If you absolutely can't find access to a washer, something like Nature's Miracle (found at pet stores) may be your best bet for handwashing.

catfeet
05-11-2006, 05:00 PM
I've machine washed my WZ cover too. Just use gentle & cool water & it'll do just fine.

HTH,
Ann

MamaKath
05-13-2006, 09:49 PM
((((Leia)))), you had a rough trip, hope things got better for you. If you are still on the road, or if others need to try this in a hotel in the future here are a couple thoughts.

Shampoo is a very mild detergent, perfect for things that will be near a baby. When hand washing things they do not get agitated much the way they do in a machine. You can put it in the tub with shampoo (get it bubbly) and then get in and stomp around. This will help agitate it and let the soap work. Then rinse well!!! Wring it out a bit, gently though. And ask at the front desk for a big floor fan. They often have them for airing out room odors. Put the cover in front to aid in the drying.

If it still is bad I would wash it on gentle with something like OxyClean in the water. Vomit is really tough to get rid of at times. :-(

Again sorry your trip was off to a rough start, I am sure things are looking up by now. Happy Mother's Day!!! :-)