PDA

View Full Version : CPS Tech said Car Seat will NOT properly install in my car....

Jacksmommy2b
05-10-2006, 07:55 AM
I have a 97 subaru legacy and a combi connection. She told me that we should really rethink this seat because it is such a pain to install. It would not work in the middle of my backseat (even with 3 twists)and she said installing it outboard was possible but a mess and much less safe than a middle install. We did get a great install in hubby's car so now I am on the search for a seat for my car. (with a week until baby!)

I bought a snugride in Windsor last night but am now rethinking it because the babies r' us website calls it feminine (seriously - I know, I know - but, I am 9 months PG with a boy and this has become an issue :) I also was toying with the idea of a safe seat but I am worried about the weight and the size. I don't plan on carring him around in the seat but would like the option for Dr's appts and other short visits.
The other perk to a snugride is how cheap and easy to find the bases are so our moms etc. can get bases for themselves. (finding and affording the Combi base is a nightmare) and I think I would rather put the additional $40.00 towards a safe voyage in a few months than towards the safe seat.

Please help me decide - I don't know what to do - I researched the connection and really thought that was the best seat for us and now I am back to square one and running out of time!

TIA,

Dena

Joolsplus2
05-10-2006, 08:07 AM
The connection is a pretty unusual seat, the base is really wonky, and it probably threw the tech for a loop...plus subarus have those vexing long buckle stalks...siiiiiiigh...double whammy!
And NO, the side is NOT considerably more dangerous than the middle...ANY seat in the back in a properly installed seat is incredibly safe (so please don't let this be a limiting factor, ok? No one needed to scare you with that false bit of info!).

I LOVE how my Connection installs without the base, actually...it's really super quick and really tight, and it is such a nice light seat to carry around compared to all my others.... but yeah, it's still harder than just clicking it into the base.. but you could save your money and just *try* it for a few weeks?

The safeseat is only $105 at target this week, though... that's a great price, and it gives you the 'option' of using an infant seat for a long long time (say if you go on a plane when baby is 12-18 months old...nothing's easier than bringing ann infant seat)...

I don't think Windsor is too girly (JMHO!)

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx