PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for the Radian (no, not a crash, phew!)

Joolsplus2
05-14-2006, 07:20 AM
I'd really be thanking God if the Radian saved my kid, but not this time :).

Anyway, DH wanted to take DD (6.5) and her two largish 7 yo friends (they could stand to be in boosters, but 'my mom doesn't make me' and DH's car is 'almost' the right size for them, so as long as they are properly buckled and have side airbags, I just had to let go on this one... try not to flame me...)

But I *knew* a booster wouldn't fit in the middle and that DD would want to sit next to both of her friends (twin girls)...so I almost instantly got the Radian installed in the center with a seatbelt...it really worked great! And it was so narrow, there was no complaining from the big girls about difficulty buckling!

When DD tried to whine about hating the harness rubbing her neck on that seat (my bad, I forgot to put the harness pads back on...) I had to be pretty firm that it's not a choice to complain to mommy about what seat she's sitting in. (note to self, put harness covers back on!).

And ps, yes, my dh took three girls to the movies so I could have some time alone for mother's day weekend...I'm so spoiled!

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

jeanum
05-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Glad the Radian worked so well. And it's awesome your DH took the girls out to give you some time alone. My DH has taken our 2 girls out by himself one time so far, to the book store. I spent the time they were gone cleaning house, lol.

Happy Mother's Day to you and all the other mamas! :)