PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Julie (Joolsplus2)!

CPSDarren
05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
I just wanted to thank Julie for all the time she spends answering questions here. She is one of the reasons this is such a great forum. It's not always easy to give parents the right advice with so many products available. Plus, Julie is always polite, but is never afraid to say if a particular product or practice isn't the safest option possible.

Child passenger safety technicians and advocates do a great job of responding to parents here and elsewhere on the internet, but are rarely appreciated enough by many of the companies that host the forums. Witness the treatment of users and subsequent slow demise of what used to be one of the most popular forums on the internet at iVillage. Such is a fact of volunteering, but sometimes it's nice to recognize parents like Julie and all the techs and advocates that help others here on a daily basis!

So, again, thanks to all of those who spend their time to help others keep their kids as safe as possible. Thanks also for keeping forums like this one a great place to share information!

Darren
www.seatcheck.net

(apologies if this posts twice. I seem to be having issues lately where my first attempt to post doesn't work)

murphydog77
05-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Bravo, Julie! I love reading Julie's posts because she always responds in a friendly, thoughtful, and often lighthearted way that makes parents feel at ease. I've learned so much from her!

And thanks to everyone else who does such a great job of sharing their knowledge. Even if you aren't trained in car seats, you use one and that gives you personal experience :).

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

mommyoftwo
05-15-2006, 01:33 PM
ITA! I've learned so much and I know my girls are safer because of the help I've gotten from Julie and others here. I love the fact that I get such a quick response to my questions.

erzzie
05-15-2006, 01:39 PM
I agree!!! Julie--you've been a huge help to me SO many times I can't count them, THANK YOU!

mom2acrew
05-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Agreeing w/ everyone else! Julie is such awesome resource and always dependable! She has a wealth of CPS knowledge I am so glad we all get to tap into it every now and then :)

Thanks Julie! And of course all the techs who participate here.

tjham
05-15-2006, 02:32 PM
I agree! Thanks to Julie and all of you techs for great advice!

Darren, coincidence you mentioned ivillage. I just cancelled my subscription because it is so slow and really not worth the trouble!

SI_Mommy
05-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Couldn't agree more. Julie is such a great resource to have, and she and many others on this board have helped me immensly. My children are safer thanks to this board, so thank you to Julie and everyone else here who volunteers all of their time and knowledge.

Thank you!

Leslie, mommy to DD Kayla 03/26/03, DS Ryan 01/26/05

skipspin
05-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes, Julie should win the "Tech of the Board" award for sure! Thanks and keep up the good work!

MamaParis
05-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Ditto!
Julie is AWESOME!

She is fair and honest and polite and SOOO knowledgable!

I came to this board to ask a simple question years ago and I haven't left yet! LOL

Also MANY THANKS to Heather and Darren too!! :)

Lovingliv
05-15-2006, 07:03 PM
I second that! Here, Here Jools!!! Thanks for all of your help!

Aunt to sweet baby boy
05-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Yes, thanks so much Julie! I have learnt so much since coming to this board, i only wish i had come sooner!

Thanks as well to all the Techs who post on this board, and all of the people who are not techs but who come and share their knowledge about seats and help everyone keep their children, friends and family as safe as possible!

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/060403/hfNw.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/h2bbm7/.png[/img][/url]

kimbe
05-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Well said Darren!

Thanks again Julie!

(When DH and I talk carseats, we speak of you as if we know you personally!)

hipmaman
05-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Hear hear for all techs and advocates that regularly and tiredlessly respond to questions after questions (often of the same topic :)) Just to name a few - Julie, Heather, Darren

Let's not have their efforts gone unnoticed or unappreciated.

bubbaray
05-15-2006, 09:22 PM
Yes, thank you Julie and ALL the techs here -- including Tam!! :)

Thanks for all your help!

Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

kep
05-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Julie has been such a wonderful help. I wouldn't know half of what I know if it weren't for her. Heck, I even bought a Summit before Julie! Lol. Oh, the things we know now! :)

Kelli
Proud Mommy to Lukey (4.2003)

http://b4.lilypie.com/G0VTm4.png

stefani
05-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Thank you to Julie and all the other techs as well. I have learned a great deal, and continue to learn from all of you.

supercalifragilous
05-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Yes, Julie and the other CPS techs who volunteer their time are truly those who make this forum special. I appreciate Julie's brainstorming - she is an encyclopedia of information and she has never flamed anyone and she is so polite - even when answering the "dumb" questions! Like the PP said, I tell DH "Well Julie said this.... Julie said that..." like I know you personally!! :)

Thanks so much to all of you CPS techs out there who take your time to post your knowledge on these boards!!

alandenisefields
05-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Let us add our thanks as well---we appreciate Julie, Darren and all other CPS techs who contribute to our boards! Your expertise and insights on this issue are invaluable. Thanks again for posting here!

best wishes,
alan & denise
authors, BABY BARGAINS

lilac0422
05-16-2006, 06:50 PM
I totally agree. I have learned so much from all of the techs here. Julie, I think it is so great that you make time in your very busy life to respond to post after post (even answering the same question over and over again). I just think of all the kids that are safer because of you and the other techs. There aren't words to express my gratitude!! Thank you just doesn't seem like enough. Unless I missed it, I am waiting patiently to see updated pictures of Leah in all of her seats. I have already picked the Keyfit but she is just so darned cute!!

Casey
EDD September 19th

CPSDarren
05-18-2006, 05:14 PM
One last bump ;-) She deserves it!

Darren
www.seatcheck.net

clc053103
05-18-2006, 07:12 PM
I wholeheartedly extend my thanks and appreciation to Julie and co. too!

If not for this board, I would have my oversized 10 month old outgrowing a Comfortsport as we speak! LOL! But seriously- I owe the proper install of my first car seat, the snugride, as well as the selection and install of one Marathon and two Scenaras to Julie, other techs such as Darren and wonderful, caring moms, grandmas, and assorted relatives, friends and childcare providers who frequent this board! I love my strollers, my diaper bags, my overpriced baby gear,and could spend days talking about them. But this is the one item for baby that truly matters. I thank you all for your dedication to the assistance and education of car seat novices like myself!!

Courtney

MaisyBabies
05-19-2006, 12:43 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ---- one from each of my kids, who thanks to Julie and all the wonderful Techs and supportive people here who cyber-check car seats and help with recommendations each and every day!

MamaKath
05-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Julie, you ROCK!!!! You have answered so many of my questions over the years, and I have learned so much from those posts and the many posts to other parents you have made. You are fearless about saying what you think. You are a tireless leader for the safety of children. I have often considered becoming a CPS tech and you are one of the big reasons why!!! As I have returned to BBB and continue to learn about carseats, it has only made that interest stronger. I appreciate all you do here!!!!!!!! :-)

MommyAllison
05-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Thank you Julie!!! I so appreciate the time and care you give to all of us - not an easy task for you with 3 of your own, I'm sure!

Allison
http://b1.lilypie.com/XvRAm8/.png (http://lilypie.com)