PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon Fabrics

ChrissyJames
05-16-2006, 10:39 AM
How does the demim wear and look in real life? What is the best of the fabrics to get - they all seem different. I like the cowmoofloge but the white patches scare me - seem like they would get dirty easily.

kellyotn
05-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Up close, the white isn't really white at all. Its off-white with lots of tan/grey texture to it. I've not had any problems with it looking dirty. But, I only let them drink water and eat "clean-ish" foods, so that may be part of it. ;)

I have both Funky Denim and Cowmoo. I like them both. The denim is soft, but not nearly as dreamy as Cowmoo. Its kinda like new-ish jeans. (ie, not like very old, very worn in jeans). I do like Funky Denim in my black car, the seat pretty much just disappears! The MA's look a lot smaller in FD than in Cowmoo, ha ha. Dark IS slimming.

bubbaray
05-16-2006, 11:39 AM
We have the New Blues denim MA cover (it was sold longer in Canada than the US) and REALLY like it. It seems softer to me than the Funky Denim, but I've not actually owned the FD.

I loved the look of the cowmoo, but thought it would be too sweaty for my DD. We have been very happy with the denim and I just do NOT understand why Britax is discontinuing it! :(

HTH
Melissa

Maya Papaya!
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040411/3/4/1/-8/.png[/img][/url]

sophdog33
05-18-2006, 12:10 AM
We have the cowmooflage and the white is actually more of a cream color with lots of texture to it so it won't look dirty too quickly. So far no problems and the few times she has spit up, it wipes clean right away.

MamaParis
05-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Like the other poseters said - the white on the cowmoo isn't BRIGHT white - its more of an off-white with brown "veins" running through it.
More like a natural cow look! ;)

Our RA has a cowmooflage cover thats over 3 years old now and has been used on just about a daily basis and it still looks brand new! The kids have spilled stuff in it - puked in it - drooled in it - pooped in it - you name it! LOL And it washes up SOOOO well.

We're also in the HOT and MUGGY south La. and don't find the kids to sweat or get hotter in this seat than any other seat we own.

We also have a Funky Denim Wizard - I find it to be a very soft denim - not as plush as the cowmooflage though.
The regular Denim is a little stiffer and rougher than the Funky Denim IMO. Still nice and soft though! :)

kate4478
05-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Here's a pic of the fabric up close, so you can see exectly what everyone is talking about! HTH! Kate ;)

PS- this is the first time I add a pic, so I hope it comes out ok!