PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Suburban Question ? Latch ? Best Seating Location

cpapay
05-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Hello!!

I am traveling to visit a friend this weekend and will need to put my Combi Tyro in her 2002 Suburban. We've been discussing via email and she isn't sure if her Suburban has latch. Can anyone tell me if it does? I've done some searches on the internet and didn't find anything 100% conclusive. Also, what is the best seat choice for my car seat? She has a bench in the back and two captains chairs in the second row. I normally would just leave my carseat in my car, but my DH needs the car while we are visiting friends. =(

thanks!!!! Yes...I'm a first time mom who is a bit stressed about this. =)

carrie

Joolsplus2
05-18-2006, 01:46 PM
It looks to me like there is no LATCH in a 2002 Suburban (from the 'official LATCH manual'...the Tahoe does have it, go figure). Either captain's chair would be just fine to install it in, though... and I don't think it's hard to do with a seatbelt? If you want to try it, we can help walk you through any problems you might have (before you go to your friend's house). It might even be super easy to do without the base, and that's *perfectly* safe when done right.
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

cpapay
05-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much!!

We are actually leaving for our trip in an hour...so I printed the combi manual out and have the instructions with the base and without the base. I agree...without the base looks to be manageable.

thanks again!!!!!

carrie