PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been asked a million times...

bethie_73
05-18-2006, 01:46 PM
but I need to start looking for a convertable for DS. He is in an infant seat but will be out soon. He is a big boy almost 16 lbs and 26 inches at 3 mos.

I was looking at the Britax Boulvard because of the side impact protection, and the higher weight limit. Is the base that wide? The main car is a Jeep Grand Cherokee, we also have a Civic but may get a different car.

Are there better options out there? I don't think we will have more children, so that is not really a concern.

TIA

Joolsplus2
05-18-2006, 01:57 PM
I'd look at www.carseatdata.org for the same car, and look for "Marathon" and "Decathlon" as well, since those are the same basic seat as the Bouleavard.
If you fit comfortably in the front seats in front of your infant seat, then you'll fit about the same in front of the Bouleavard...it LOOKS enormous, but is about the same length 'front to back' as an infant seat, because you install it a little more upright than the newborn maximum recline of 45 degrees.

I've installed quite a few Marathons in your same cars with no problems at all :) (just didn't submit them to the database...<slapping own wrist>)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx