PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used a Britax Boulevard on a plane RF?

sweeties
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
If so, how was the installation for your? Do you have any tips? Did you use the GoGoKidz travelmate/wheels? We are travling with our 9 month old in a couple of weeks and could use any tips you have based on your experience.

Teresa

Joolsplus2
05-18-2006, 02:00 PM
I haven't, but a few moms here have done Marathons (same seat, basically) and had no problems (you might want to try a search, or just scroll back a few pages for more info, if no one chimes in). It's actually easier to install it rearfacing than forward facing, from what I understand.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

SI_Mommy
05-18-2006, 03:45 PM
We traveled last summer with 2 Marathons, and I installed them both RF - DD was FF in the car, but I was having such a hard time installing the MA FF on the plane that I just lowered her harness straps and put her in RF - she was none the wiser. Also, we bought bags to carry the car seats in through the airport - they did get heavy after a while, but I had DH and 4 others traveling with us to help carry them. I agree with PP - do a search - there are lots of people here that have traveled often, and they have great tips on installing the seats in airplanes. HTH.

Leslie, mommy to DD Kayla 03/26/03, DS Ryan 01/26/05

stillplayswithbarbies
05-18-2006, 07:17 PM
I have used the Marathon rear facing on planes. Do a search on my name and you should find the old thread with pictures. It's much easier to install rear facing than forward facing.

I just hang my carseat off my stroller handles. But now that she rarely rides in the stroller anymore, I am thinking of getting the GogoKidz. Last trip I just bungee'd the carseat to my wheeled suitcase.

MaisyBabies
05-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I can't comment on the RFing part, but we did travel with 2MAs and 1WZ and had 3 of the GoGoKidz carts and I absolutely LOVE the GoGoKidz!!!! I actually think that I could make a commercial for them we loved them so much...LOL

So I definitely recommend taking the GoGoKidz if you are taking your Britax seat with you, it will just make it all easier!

sweeties
05-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks everyone. I feel a lot better now that I've heard this has worked for others. We are planning on taking the carseat with the gogokidz as well as the stroller. It shouldn't be a big problem to carry both since we'll have both me and my husband, as well as my parents. I do want to take the stroller (Combi CitySavvy) since it is an international trip and you never know how long you'll be in customs. This way at least she'll have a comfortable place to sit/lay while we are at the airport...

Does anyone else have any other recommendations?

Thanks again.

Teresa

strikeeaglebaby
05-22-2006, 03:57 PM
I just got back from a trip with my MA. I was alone with the MA, 14 month non-walker and a Peg Perego P3 stroller. I took the canopy and napper bar off the stroller, set the carseat in the stroller and bungee corded around the back (attached to the bar the LATCH is on) and it worked wonderfully! I just strapped him into his carseat and it seemed very stable. When I got to the bottom of the jetway, I would take him out of the seat, stand him up holding onto my leg, take the bungee cord off, fold the stoller and leave it to be put under the plane. I had no problems installing the seat in both regional jets and an A320.

I thought about the gogo kidz but didn't know what I would do with the stroller. In addition, I loved the fact that the bungee cord cost me $2 versus $90 for the gogo kidz. My little guy loved riding through the airport in his super tall stroller/carseat combo.

I know you have a Combi and I don't know if your seat will fit or not, but it is definitely a great way to travel, especially if you are alone.

LBMommy
05-24-2006, 12:24 PM
We used our Britax BV RF to fly a few months ago... installation was no problem so I don't really have any advice! the only "problem" was the guy sitting in front of DD's seat (who was presumably childless...?) who kept violently banging on the back of his seat trying to get his seat to recline. I politely told him sorry, I have a car seat here, so he loudly tried to get the flight attendant to move the three of us (when he could just pick up and take a different perfectly good window seat). Arrrgh.

Good luck with your trip. the GoGoKidz would have been great, I carried DD and DH carried (i.e., lugged) the seat.

Jen
Mommy to Avery 8/04

sweeties
05-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. We leave tomorrow. I'll post a review when we get back, but I'm sure it will work out fine.

Teresa