PDA

View Full Version : Which new carseat (I have a 3 yo and 5.5 mo)?

Kerander
05-20-2006, 11:07 PM
I have a 3 year old (34 lbs, 38.5 inches) and a 5.5 month old (15 lbs, 26 inches). My 3 year old is in a Britax Marathon (we both love it) and my infant is currently in a SnugRide and needs to move to a convertible carseat ((besides maxing out on the height limit (it's an older one) he isn't especially fond of the SnugRide)). We also have an Evenflo Triumph that we use as an extra carseat (although I know my 3 year old is almost too tall for it now).

So, my question is: what should I buy? Should I buy a new seat for my toddler and move my infant to the Marathon or should I buy a new seat for my infant? I don't mind paying more money for a good seat and I really like the Britax carseats. Are the 'newer' Britaxes better than the Marathon?

Splash
05-21-2006, 08:04 AM
I would put the baby in the Triumph for a bit. Wait a few months and then get your older child a Regent and put the baby in the marathon. Unless you can find somewhere that has Regents in stock that you can try out and make sure he's happy and comfortable. But since he's already FF, I would go with a high weight FF only seat, and the Regent would be my top pick!

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
05-21-2006, 03:18 PM
I would get two Britax Boulevards... use them for your toddler... put the baby in the Marathon (the rf baby doesn't need the added side impact protection)

then, when the triumph and/or Marathon expires, you can move the baby to one or both boulevards and buy a Regent and (once the Marathon is expired and baby is using both boulevards) a Britax Parkway or another Regent for the second car.

that way, you'll be able to pass the Regent down to the baby when the older one outgrows it, or, if she uses the full life, you'll at least keep her harnessed until she's ready for a seatbelt.

if the price of two boulevards is rather daunting, I'd get a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe for the toddler's spare seat and a Cosco Scenera for the baby's spare seat if you don't want to still buy one boulevard.

oh, and if you go with the scenera, you'll want it to be baby's primary seat when the rearfacing height limit for the triumph is nearing, so baby can rearface as long as possible.