PDA

View Full Version : question with Marathon RF lock off clip

stephiejw
05-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Ok, DS is 9 months old now and about 20 pounds. He was long for his age so he has been in his MA for a few months now. DH installed it but it never seemed "right" to me, so I had a appointment with a car seat check this morning to check the installation. They re-installed it but could NOT get the rear facing lock off to snap with the seat belt threaded through there. They had a hard enough time getting the lock off to click in place when there was no seat belt in it. My car is a 1999 Toyota Camry (no latch). Help! I can't reach DH to ask about whether he had problems with the lock off when he put it in. Is it broken? Do I call Britax about replacement piece? Did the technician know what she was doing? I don't want my son in additional danger in his car seat. Advice...recommendations.
Thanks so much.

Stephanie
mother to Trevor born 8/24/05

Splash
05-22-2006, 12:56 PM
They are NOT required if your seatbelt locks. Your seatbelt DOES lock, so there is no need for the lockoff. Sometimes they are just a PITA.
I don't use mine to install my son's seat. Actually yesterday I finally got around to just taking one of them all the way off because they got in the way.
Don't worry. I am sure your son is just fine.

kellyotn
05-22-2006, 01:51 PM
They are a pain. A trick is to spread them out so they aren't directly one over the other. It makes the two of them "thinner" and you can likely get it clicked that way.

But, like Splash said, you don't need to use them if you just lock your belt. They are an oft broken piece, so you can call Britax and get a new one. They are easy to replace, but I'd just skip it and use the belt locked.

Unless the seat ends up pulling up on the shoulder belt side, then try again with the lockoff.