PDA

View Full Version : Unusual sighting...Knowledgable BRU employee!

mariza
05-22-2006, 07:18 PM
I was so impressed, I just had to share. While fiddling with the Keyfit at BRU I overheard the salesman showing a woman the Snugride. Without her even asking, I heard him tell her to:
a) check the expiration date and how long a seat was good for
b)Told her to keep the baby rearfacing and encouraged her to start researching rearfacing convertables for when her not-yet-born DC outgrew the infant seat
c) recommended...(gasp!) Britax for her next seat

I had to stop and let him know he was the most educated person I've ever encountered at BRU about child-safety. Turns out he was actually the head of their promotions dept. and just helping on the floor that day, but he was glad to get my feedback anyway. He seemed aware of the problem of mis-information and said they were working on more training. Hopefully this is true.

Joolsplus2
05-22-2006, 07:29 PM
<clack>

(sound of my jaw hitting the floor).

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

elliput
05-22-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm picking my jaw up off the floor, it fell right next to Julie's. I am glad to hear BRU is getting a bit more interested in their training.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
05-22-2006, 11:28 PM
okay... my jaw hit the floor and rolled out the door and down the hall.

I've gotten ones that were at educated well enough to help pick a good seat for the person, who knew the basic rules and were receptive to any additional info you could give them, but this one trumps all those.

Since he was head of promotions, it's great that you made those comments to him as this will just give him another person telling him about the problem and make it all the more clear they need to educate their employees better.

I was pissed at a BRU employee today... a pregger and her dh were looking at the cortina and keyfit... she was typing away on the computer... I walk by and she asks if she can help me, yet, after I have to tell the dh how to finish folding the cortina (after he figured the hand part out himself I told him to put his foot on the edge of the basket to finish it and that it would stand (he was going to set it down... figuring it wouldn't)... I told them how the canopy goes down to the tray, and how much easier it was to push and fold than the graco metrolite, and that the keyfit was the lightest weight infant seat... the wife was petite (probably 5'3) and was relieved to find out that stuff as it would all make it easier for her

then, when he went to get one down to go buy, cart ready, I saw that same saleslady not move at all as he can't get that big box off the tall shelf and his wife goes to try to help him... I had to dash over there and insist she not do such a thing in her condition and help.

I just don't get why the saleslady wasn't being helpful to them.

maybe you guys can help me figure this one:

I am there every few weeks for a big box of diapers... I've seen almost every salesperson and they know I'm a nosy stroller/carseat obsessed person who needs no help in the store...

yet this couple, who would have probably appreciated her help with this stuff, she ignored.

And worst, she did nothing when they went to lift down the travel system.

I had 3 kids.... they had none... except the one in the woman's belly

we were both white, middle class looking...

MamaParis
05-23-2006, 08:32 AM
WOW! Good for him!

mariza
05-23-2006, 09:14 AM
I forgot to mention, when he told her about the expiration date, he actually explained about the breakdown of the plastic. Oh yeah, he also told her about replacing the carseat after an accident (even a minor one) and making sure if she ever did have an accident she avised her insurance company about her needto be reimbursed for carseat.
I was tired yesterday, can't beleive I forgot to mention those.

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
05-23-2006, 12:44 PM
WOW!!!

my jaw is now outside in the gutter.

elliput
05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Where is this man so I can :* him?

jeanum
05-23-2006, 01:25 PM
LOL, a beacon of knowledge at BRU. Hopefully he can pass this info. on to the employees chainwide and vastly improve their carseat customer service.

mamica
06-11-2006, 09:42 PM
I just have to say that your subject description made me laugh out loud. I know what you mean!