PDA

View Full Version : marathon seat arrangement for flight?

denvergal
05-23-2006, 10:58 PM
dh and i will be flying with our two kids in their marathons. is it possible to place two marathons side by side on flight? i remember that before the second one came and we flew with ds in the marathon, the seat fit but it kind of hangs over the edge. we're just not sure how our seat arrangement should be on the plane. i was thinking maybe something like this:

window: ds #1, ds #2, me ~aisle~ dh, stranger, stranger :window
or
window: ds #1, me, stranger ~aisle~ stranger, dh, ds #2 :window

dh wants to go with option #2 but i just feel like it will be so inconvenient since dh is ( God love him but) so helpless when it comes to the kids. what do you all recommend? what has your experience been? tia!

babylu
05-23-2006, 11:44 PM
we've never tried marathons side by side but what we have done is

Row 1: (aisle) stranger, DH, DS#1: window
Row 2: (aisle) stranger, mom, DS#2: window

the window on the right makes for easier carseat installation and the front/back rows makes it easier to pass items and assist DH with DS#2 plus DS#2 can see mom also you can insure that DS#1 is not reclining the seat into DS#2 since Marathons leave very little legroom

good luck!

hipmaman
05-24-2006, 05:49 AM
I have always put the kids together. They can entertain each other when I'm tired and need to close my eye (don't fly well sometimes). When there is no option for dh to sit across the aisle with us, then he sits somewhere else by himself.

Our RAs or MA + WZ have always fit side by side.

stillplayswithbarbies
05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
they should fit side by side. Especially if one is rear-facing.

I would do what the previous poster suggested, one row behind the other. That way you can trade places with DH if one kid needs you or him specifically, or just to get a break from the most needy kid at any point in time.

denvergal
05-25-2006, 03:03 PM
thank you for your responses! i'm taking your advice and going with the one row behind the other suggestion! i didn't even think of that one but it makes alot of sense! thanks again!!!