PDA

View Full Version : car seat help please

candybomiller
05-24-2006, 02:30 PM
I know I should look this up, but I love the wealth of info available here. Matt is 4 years old and 45 pounds. We have Britax Marathons installed in both of our cars. I know that at 48 pounds you have to go from LATCH to sealtbelts. Is there anything else I need to know? When does he outgrow it? In the Marathon in my car, he's on the top slot, but in the one in DH's car, he's on the next to the top one. Is this normal?

TIA.

momtoB
05-24-2006, 04:40 PM
When you're looking at where his shoulders are in relation to the slot are you checking to see where the harness actually comes through the shell or are you just looking at the fabric slot? Sometimes the fabric will slide down a bit and make the slot look lower than it actually is. I am suspecting this because both seats should have the same height top slots.

The seat is outgrown f/fing by height once the top of the shoulders are above the top slots, or when the tips of the ears are even with the top of the seat shell.

You're correct about needing to switch from LATCH to seatbelt after 48lbs, but check your car owners manual to make sure it's not 40lbs for your car.

hth!

Cheryl
ds-4/03 (r/fing in a Britax Blvd)