PDA

View Full Version : Plane travel with 9month

trash
05-27-2006, 01:51 PM
This will be my first time traveling with my 9 month old daughter alone. She is still in her Graco snudgeride infant childseat. I was going to put her in her Britax boulevard but decided to wait till after this trip.
Question:
What is the best way to travel with her?
Do I use the babybjorn carrier?
Should I bring the stroller?
Do I need the base for the Graco snudgeride carseat base
Do I check the stroller at the gate or at check in
Do I bring the Garco snudgride carseat onto the plane is there anyplace to put it cos I was reading that people bring their childseat onto the plane and it locks onto something I dont quite understand.

Thanks for any advise in advance.

stefani
05-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Let's see, my DH and I have travelled with DS when he was 7 months old, and then I had travelled with him at 1.5 yrs and 2.5 years old.

What is the best way to travel with her?
I am not sure what you mean there.

Do I use the babybjorn carrier?
You may want to bring that as an alternative way to carry DD. I found that I cannot use it for long periods of time, so I prefer the stroller / car seat combo.

Should I bring the stroller?
I found that to be very helpful. Is yours a travel system? I had a Kolcraft Universal Carrier, and so I just put the Snugride on it. We stopped using the Snugride when he was 4 months old, though.

Do I need the base for the Graco snudgeride carseat base
I believe you can install the carseat without the base. Check your manual.

Do I check the stroller at the gate or at check in
At the gate, so you get it as you deplane as well, not at baggage claim.

Do I bring the Garco snudgride carseat onto the plane is there anyplace to put it.
If you did not buy a seat, you may try bringing it on the plane if it is not full, and you can strap it in an empty seat. If not, you will have to check in at the gate. Then the Baby Bjorn / sling will be helpful.

Good luck!

AddiesMom
05-28-2006, 06:06 AM
I traveled with DD alone when she was 2 mo old. Here is what I did.

- Drove car to curbside check in a gave them all the luggage, then parked the car.
- Brought in stroller and car seat to the gate. Note: security will make you take DD out of stroller so they can x-ray it
- I didn't not bring the base (Britax Companion infant seat) and did fine for the week. I just brought the infant seat on the plane and followed the directions for rear-facing with using the seat belt.
- I don't use my Bjorn in the airport because of security, but I see alot of people using them.

Note: Many people will fell pitty for you, traveling alone with a baby. If they offer to help, take them up on it!

catfeet
05-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I've traveled alone with kids several times too, and ditto what the pp had to say. Curbside check in is key. It allows you to not be burdened by all the luggage that babies create.

HTH,
Ann