PDA

View Full Version : Why buy the Roudabout?

ejj
05-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Hi--we currently have a RA for my 1 year-old. Love it--we are thinking of getting a 2nd seat for the other car--is there any reason we should get the RA over the DC etc? I certainly like the price and size better. Can she go straight from the Ra to a booster in a few years, or do we need something else, and how much do those cost? How many years can you get out of a RA?

ejj

postmodernmommy
05-27-2006, 03:29 PM
You might need something inbetween a RA & a booster. DD just outgrew her RA (just turned 4 yrs, 39" 38 lbs) and is NOT ready for a booster yet. We bought the much bigger Regent and love it but in retrospect wish we had originally bought a MA/BV/DC (or the size equivalent) when she was much smaller, it would have gotten more mileage than a RA (the bigger seats have a higher weight limit & taller shoulder slots than the RA). If your child 1yr already I would skip the RA & get the bigger seat (BV/MA/DC) IMO. Good luck with your decision.

Amy :)

kellyotn
05-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Generally, no, a kid can't go from an RA to a booster. Most kids outgrow an RA by 3-4 years old. 4 is the youngest age for a booster, and many like to keep them harnessed until 5-6.

A 65 lb Britax will likely last until 5-6.

:)

RA's are great for really small car situations, travel, or when it will get passed down to a younger baby and the older gets a bigger seat, otherwise a 65 lb Britax is a longer lasting choice that often negates the need for an additional harnessed seat.

Several places have MA's for $220, and there's a posting for $220 DC's at www.specialtybaby.com.

HTH!