PDA

View Full Version : New Fisher Price Infant Seat?

mariza
05-30-2006, 11:48 AM
I was flipping through a magazine yesterday, can't remember which one (maybe Child or Parents?) I saw an ad for Fisher Price that featured an infant carseat that looked promising, has anyone heard anything about it? I looked on the website and there is a section in the baby gear area for car seats, but when I click on the link it said "coming soon".
I would love to learn more about this seat after hearing how much many of you loved your old FP baby seats.

jeanum
05-30-2006, 12:20 PM
I haven't seen it online or in store anywhere yet, but the new FP infant seat is part of a line of FP Safe Voyage seats made by Britax and based on Britax models. The FP infant seat is supposed to be based on the Britax Companion infant seat. The FP Safe Voyage seats also include two convertibles that are stripped down versions of the Britax Marathon and Britax Roundabout convertibles, and a booster seat similiar to the Britax Star Riser Comfy. Elitecarseats.com has all but the infant seat, so maybe the new infant seat will also be available there at some point.

mariza
05-30-2006, 12:54 PM
I forgot about that partnership for some reason! I do remember the FP ad had the rebound bar like the Britax Companion. Curious as to the cost and more details.
I hate when FP puts ads in magazines before their own website. They did the same thing with their Space Saver High Chair. I saw the ad and looked for more info for weeks before I finally tracked one down at Target!
Thanks for the info!