PDA

View Full Version : Britax and Volvo XC 70?

tlw
05-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Does anyone currently use the Britax Marathon in a Volvo XC70? If so, how do you like it? I'm in the market for a new car and this Volvo is at the top of my list. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

sueprinter
05-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi, I am not sure how they compare, but I have a Volvo XC 90, and I had my sons Husky and my daughters Marathon in there. They both fit great. Good Luck.

Sue

betsydenny
06-01-2006, 02:57 PM
HI. We have the XC 70 and a Marathon in the center and Roundabout on one side (both Forward facing). We love the car and love the carseats! I use the seatbelts instead of the latch bc it is easier for switching back and forth between cars. (the latch is fairly recessed and I just found it to be a pain)

Anyway, we have had no problems with either. Our next question is can you fit 3 full sized Britaxs across in that car. Tho hopefully that question won't need to be resolved for another year or two!

HTH!
Betsy

tlw
06-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Thanks, Betsy! Just another quick question on the two Britaxes. Do you use the Roundabout for your younger child and the Marathon for the older? My son is only 6 months, but in the 90 percentile for both length and weight. I'd like to purchase a Britax for him, but am not sure which one. Right now I think it'll be the Marathon because he could use it for several years--right? And how long could I expect to use the Marathon?

Thanks again!

ppshah
06-01-2006, 05:22 PM
I also have a XC70 and a marathon in the center-no problems.

betsydenny
06-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Just saw this so sorry if it is late. Our younger one who is 21 mo is in the Roundabout and DD who is 3+ is in the Marathon. I would get a Marathon bc it will last you longer. DD is on the bigger side (tho not huge) and she has plenty of room to grow. I figure it will last her the next year plus until DS grows out of the Roundabout and needs the space of the Marathon and I will then move DD to a booster.

So I am no expert but DD will use the Marathon long into her 4's or more I suspect.
HTH!
Betsyh

tlw
06-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks so much, Betsy!