PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Seats after accident, More help please

sueprinter
05-30-2006, 11:52 PM
OK, I really appreciate all of your help about my car accident. I am going to replace my kids carseats. DS is a no brainer. He only fits in the Husky/Regent. My main question on him is which cover? We live in South Texas. Super Hot!! Is one cover better than the other for very hot weather? I like the Cougar and the Sahara. Any opinions which is better?

DD is in a marathon now. I love this seat, but am considering the Decathalon since they say it is harder for the kids to loosen the straps. DD knows how to do this, but doesnt really mess with it, so this hasnt been a very big problem for me. I also LOVE the pink Decathalon cover, I think its called the Tiffany. How is that for hot weather? Also, are people still having problems with the strap adjusters? I love the ease of the Marathon, and dont want to have any problems. If I go with a new Marathon, do you'all have any recommendation on a good cover for it? DD has the denim one now, and it worked great, but I would love something girlie.

We dont have much in the way of stores down here, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sue

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
05-31-2006, 12:05 PM
I'd go with the Sahara Regent, which is lighter in color... and the Olivia (from BRU/Amazon.com) Marathon.

o_mom
05-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Since you are used to the Marathon, I would stick with that. The Decathlon straps are harder to undo for both parent and child. Our straps are still hard to do after 6 months. I never feel like I get them tight enough.

Don't forget to keep the old covers for backup - they are still good!