PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Keyfit: how tall can your baby be?

biscuitcity
05-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks for all the great advice on this site, I'm shopping for an infant seat for baby number two (we borrowed for #1 and he grew out of it at 6 months).

I'm curious about the Safeseat, to get the most mileage out of the days in the infant carrier, but I also like the lightweight feel of the keyfit, but I can't find the info on how tall baby can be--I just see the weight limit. Can any of you experienced parents tell me?

Also, many of the snugrides go to 29 inches now, correct? Maybe that is enough length for us!

Thanks so much,
Anna

Will 7-20-04
Baby #2 7-8-06

Joolsplus2
05-31-2006, 04:58 PM
Right, the new snugrides all go to 29 inches and 22 pounds (those extra few inches help a LOT!) the Key Fit goes to 30 inches. My 25.5 inch 4 mo baby has *heaps* of growing room...um, that's not very scientific, lol, but a lot more growing room in it than her Combi Connection and old Fisher Price Stay in View... I really need to take some new comparion shots of her in her seats, I'll try to do that tomorrow for everyone. Here she is in the seats when she's a week old.... (scroll down, I can't link to just the pics for some reason) http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/joolstag/

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

biscuitcity
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
Oh Julie, Thank you for responding--that clears things up a lot for me.
You're right -- those few inches make a big difference. And since the key fit goes to 30 inches, that just might be the one for us!!

A great help, thanks SO much.
Anna

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
06-01-2006, 11:42 AM
the keyfit is noticeably longer... so if you have tall kids, or kids with long torsos, this is the one that will last the longest (after the safeseat, of course)... it's also the lightest.

remember, it's not the height that really makes it outgrown, it's when the head is only 1" from the top of the shell.