PDA

View Full Version : So, I think I convinved DH that we need a Keyfit or Safeseat!

mariza
08-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Just came back from baby's biophysical profile and you guys were right. Baby #2's size is nothing like #1; DD was a nice 7lb's, but even though I've only gained 15 lbs with #2 they've estimated him to be 9lbs 6 oz. I'm on my way to be induced so expecting him here by tomorrow :)
Let me know if you see any good deals on a Keyfit or Safeseat. We are in MA, so I would like one of the bigger weight carseats to get me through winter. We'll use the borrowed SR to bring him home from the hospital. As soon as the tech told us his weight, the first thing I said to DH was "we need a bigger seat". I just got an eyeroll and he said, "you'll have time to do the research after we bring him home"
Wish me luck!

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1"
and stubborn hopefully soon to arrive "Thing 2"

Joolsplus2
08-31-2006, 02:36 PM
LOL!
Well, no worries, you have time. And you know you probably have a willing buyer or two after you are done with it <wink>.
Yeah, I'm thinking I 'need' a Safeseat...I actually helped a friend buy one, she was going to send it to me when she was done with this baby, but then she go pregnant again and refunded my deposit... darn!

:D
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

robinsonbn
08-31-2006, 08:43 PM
I am buying the safeseat I haven't tried it yet as I am FTM but I did research on all the safety regulations tests ect. I really love the seat. Luckily DH (knowing how anal I have been about safety regulations reveiws ect) just agreed and let me pick the seat he was also out numbered by my mother and I hehe. I do think you will have time to research I mean u won't be going all over at first though I could be completely wrong again FTM but I just wanted to put in my vote for the safeseat as I have become a huge fan and also have freinds with the seat and they seem to love it :) As far as deals I have been searching high and low for our particular safeseat (the roxy pattern I just had to choose a new one that won't be on sale for awhile :( ) and can't find it anywere but BRU. Ok well good luck!

robinsonbn
08-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Oh one other thing one of the biggest complaints about the safeseat is the weight. Which is rather hefty I carried one around BRU for a bit then was like yea umm I am done with this test. I also carried a keyfit and it was a bit better (I should point out I have little arm strength lol) I just wanted to add that. Good Luck again...when DH is around He can always carry the seat right :)

MNmomtobe
09-01-2006, 12:17 AM
I would second that complaint. The Safeseat is about 3 lbs heavier than the Snugride and that does make a big difference.

MamaParis
09-01-2006, 09:58 AM
ooohh!! a new baby!

Although I hold very little faith in those "profiles" my 32/33 weeker was suposed to be like 8 lbs according to the one I had! LOL
She wasn't even 5 lbs instead! Still BIG for that gae, but still not the 8 lbs they guessed!

Same with my older two - I had the profile done at about 33 weeks and they both were suposed to be HUGE - they were 6 and 7 lbs at birth (one month early) insetad.

BUT congrats! I hope the induction goes well.

Safeseat or Keyfit - either way its a nice seat!! Although my vote is for the keyfit ... I love mine! :)

Kat_Mom2D_J_andRuthie
09-01-2006, 05:11 PM
in the Northeast, I'd go with the safeseat regardless.

make sure to have a stroller that will take the seat for the winter, and you're gravy.

then it's lift... click... lift... click.. not a lot of carrying.

mariza
09-04-2006, 09:05 AM
I've already posted our story in the lounge so don't want to be redundant, but wanted to say thanks to the carseat board! Still debating the Safeseat decision. When I tried it several months ago, the weight was a major turnoff for me and that's why I just decided to go with the borrowed SR. *However* turns out the ultrasound was correct, Aleksander weighed in at a whopping 9lbs 5oz! He already fills so much of the SR, where DD looked lost in hers at her measly 7lbs.
I was going to keep using the SR and then get a DC, but with all the issues I'm reading about the DC I might just hold off for a while. I'm going to monitor how fast he grows over the next few weeks and make the Safe Seat decision based on his growth rate. If he levels off soon, I'll keep him in the SR, but if he continues to be a giant I'll go for the Safeseat. This will be our first winter back in the NE after being in FL for 4 years, so anything to help with the winter is ok in my book! Please keep posting those great sales!
Thanks for all your advice, thoughts and well wishes. They are much appreciated :)

Mariza
Mommy to my "Thing 1" DD 1/05
and "Thing 2" DS 9/06