PDA

View Full Version : Sliding down in Parkway booster. Any solutions? Recaro booster? Footrest?

Elizasmom
08-31-2006, 08:25 PM
My 6-year-old daughter has recently started sliding down in her booster. When she does this the lap portion of the belt is way up on her belly and her head is not within the SIP wings. Of course, we tell her not to, but she keeps doing it. I was wondering if the Recaro seats help to prevent this because the lap portion of the belt is held in place better (so she can't push it away and slide down). I think some sort of foot rest might also help. Any ideas in that area? Thanks!

Joolsplus2
09-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Stick her back in the Husky? ;)
We use a plastic footstool from target with good success... might as well try that before you spend 350+89 for a Start and footrest.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Elizasmom
09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
The footrest isn't a flying projectile risk? No way I'm buying a Start. I was wondering about the other Recaro booster where the belt is sort of encircled on both sides of their lap. Does that help to stop them sliding down since the lap part has to stay put?

Joolsplus2
09-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, a light plastic footrest is going to fly forward...into the bottom of the front passenger seat or door...I never considered it a big deal.
I know a couple moms selling Young Styles (brand new) that I could maybe hook you up with, if you want to try one, the price might be a little lower that way.

:)
Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

murphydog77
09-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Gee, I hate to talk you out of buying a new seat ;), but I've got the king of sliders in my ds and the solution is a harness. He's been a writhing wet noodle in his Compass and his Start with footrest and he's able to get the lap belt up to his ribs in both.

Is dd sliding down because of leg support or because of behaviorial issues? I'm curious because the Parkway isn't that deep of a seat and I'm thinking about it for ds.

Heather, CPS Tech
http://www.CarSeatSite.com

Elizasmom
09-01-2006, 01:55 PM
I don't think she's really misbehaving exactly. I think she does it for the same reason I might slouch down in a chair to feel comfortable. She just wants to change positions and relax is my guess. I am hoping a footrest will make her less inclined to do that. I think the Husky would be the only harness seat she'd fit in now. We had one and returned it for various reasons. I am so OCD about car seats that it was making me a bit crazy worrying about the installation. That was part of it. At least the booster is always installed right.

You say the Parkway isn't deep. Are kids more likely to slide down in seats that aren't deep?

The Start doesn't seem promising to me because, unlike the other Recaros, the belt just goes under the armrests.

I think I could probably tie a plastic stool down so it couldn't go flying. I'm going to go to Target today and get one.